10 Tips for Best Hearing Aid Performance
- Remove your hearing aids at night.
- Open the battery doors every night.
- Every night, use a clean, dry tissue to gently wipe the outer part of your hearing
aids. If you have earmolds, use the cleaning tool loop to clean the earmold’s opening.
- Keep hearing aids away from extreme heat and cold.
- Do not wear hearing aids while applying makeup or hair products.
- Do not get hearing aids wet.
- Keep hearing aids and batteries away from children and pets.
- Replace dead batteries when low battery beep occurs.
- Remove the sticker from the back of the battery and place it on your calendar every time you replace your battery. Wait a couple of minutes after removing the sticker before inserting the battery into your hearing aid.
- Schedule a six-month hearing aid follow up appointment to have your hearing aids cleaned and any questions/concerns addressed.