Should You See an ENT or Primary Care Doctor?


February 25, 2020


Should You See an ENT or Primary Care Doctor?

There are many different types of doctors you need to see, and more than you might realize. It’s important to know the difference between practices so you can treat your health complications accordingly. Here’s when you should see an ENT or primary care doctor.

Primary Care Doctor

A primary care doctor is someone you typically go to if you are suffering from various health issues. For adults, a primary care doctor is a physician, while kids will go to a pediatrician. If you are going in for a check-up or physical, a primary care doctor is who you will see. Because primary care doctors take a look at everything, they also deal with ear, nose, and throat issues you might be experiencing. If an issue does persist, a primary care doctor might send you off to another doctor who specializes in that specific part of the body or condition.

ENT Doctor

Meanwhile, there are doctors who specialize in ears, nose, and throat issues—they are known as ENT doctors. If you are suffering from a serious health issue that deals specifically with ears, nose, or throat, an ENT specialist will have more knowledge of the issue. Some signs that you need to seek out an ENT is if you have the following:

  • Hearing loss
  • Frequent Nasal Congestion
  • Sinus Pressure
  • Recurring Throat Issues

In addition to those issues, an ENT doctor can also help treat allergies, asthma, and other related complications.

It’s is incredibly important to see any kind of doctor if you are dealing with health issues because you want to catch whatever it might be as soon as possible. For certain situations, it’s also important to know when you should see an ENT or primary care doctor. By doing this, you skip an extra step and can get more effective treatment. Allergy and ENT Associates has ENT locations in Katy, Pearland, Montgomery, and the greater Houston area.

This entry was posted in Blog on February 25, 2020 by AENT Team.

Patient Education

Check out these helpful posts

  • Allergy
  • Allergy Treatment

Tips for Keeping Cool and Your Allergy Symptoms at Bay

Managing the heat of Texas summers and your allergy symptoms is no small feat. At Allergy & ENT Associates we…

  • Allergy
  • Allergy Treatment

Fact or Fiction: Can Heat Affect Your Allergies and Make Them Worse?

Q: Does hot weather really make allergies worse? A: Fact! High temperatures can exacerbate symptoms. When it’s hot, plants release…

  • Allergy
  • Allergy Treatment

How High Temperatures Affect Your Seasonal Allergies

Summer is preheating and those temperatures alone can feel oppressive. Did you know that those scorching days can actually make…

Book a same-day appointment

Build a comprehensive treatment plan with our providers

or call us at 713-697-4687 (713-MY-SINUS)

Ask us a question

For information unrelated to booking an appointment, please use the form below

Contact Us