Ear, Nose, & Throat Services
What Is ENT?
ENT is an acronym for ear, nose, and throat. It is also known as Otorhinolaryngology. ENT is a specialty of medicine that treats conditions and ailments of the head and neck. These doctors treat sinus, breathing, hearing, swallowing, and sleeping issues. At Allergy & ENT Associates, our doctors offer the latest advances in treating these conditions.
What Are ENT Disorders?
Conditions of the ear, nose, and throat can drastically affect your quality of life. Some common ENT disorders include:
- Sinus Disease
- Nasal obstruction
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic Tonsillitis
- Chronic Ear Infections
- Hearing Loss
- Acid Reflux
- Cancer of the Head and Neck
- Thyroid of Parathyroid Disorders
What Procedures Do Otolaryngologists Perform?
Nose & Sinus
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery – Our surgeons offer the latest advances in sinus surgery to treat your sinus disease and enhance your nasal breathing by improving the drainage pathways of your sinuses.
- Balloon Sinuplasty – New technology that improves sinus drainage while also preserving surrounding anatomy. Patients who qualify benefit from little down-time after this in-office procedure.
- Turbinate Reduction – This procedure shrinks the inferior turbinates of the nose, which are a common cause of nasal congestion.
- Excision of Skull Base Tumors – Our rhinologists are specially trained in the removal of masses or tumors in the nose.
- Repair of CSF Leaks – A CSF leak is a condition where brain fluid leaks into the nose. The advanced Rhinologists at Allergy and ENT are able to expose the leak and patch it from inside the nose
- Complex Revision Sinus Surgery – The sinus specialists at Allergy & ENT Associates are extensively trained to treat even the most complex sinus diseases.
Facial Plastic Surgery
- Rhinoplasty – Our surgeons are able to improve both the function and cosmetic appearance of the nose.
- Nasal Valve Reconstruction – This procedure corrects a narrowed or weakened area of the nose that can cause nasal obstruction. Reconstruction can allow for improved nasal airflow.
- Septoplasty – ENT surgeons can surgically straighten a crooked septum to enhance the nasal airway and improve nasal breathing
- Complex Revision Rhinoplasty – The facial plastic surgeons at Allergy & ENT Associates are extensively trained to perform revision and complex nasal surgeries after initial surgeries have failed.
- Microlaryngoscopy – Some patient’s suffer from cysts, tumors, or nodules on their vocal cords, affecting their voice. This surgery allows for the delicate removal of these lesions and the improvement of your voice.
- Laryngoplasty – When a patient suffers from paralysis of their vocal cord, they can suffer from aspiration or voice changes. Reconstruction by a fellowship-trained laryngologist, can help bring back your voice and prevent choking.
Hearing and Ear Conditions
- Tympanic Membrane Reconstruction – When there is a perforation in the ear drum, a patient’s hearing can be negatively affected. Our surgeons are able to reconstruct your ear drum to restore your hearing.
- Mastoidectomy – Some patients suffer from a skin cyst, called a cholesteatoma, or chronic ear disease that requires that the bone behind the ear, the mastoid, be drilled away and cleaned.
- Ossicular Chain Reconstruction – Sometimes a patient’s ear disease destroys a patient’s own ear bones. In this case, the surgeons of Allergy and ENT Associates are able to reconstruct the bones of hearing and restore your hearing.
- BAHA – Bone Anchored Implants are a type of surgically implanted hearing aid that can help restore a patient’s hearing.
Head & Neck
- Tonsil and Adenoid Removal – Removal of the adenoids and tonsils may be performed to treat recurrent infections or sleep abnormalities.
- Ear Tube Placement – Placement of pressure equalization tubes may help treat chronic ear infections.
- Frenulectomy (treatment of tongue and lip tie) – Tongue or lip tie can cause issues with feeding or speech. Clipping of the tissue between the tongue and floor of the mouth or between the lip and gums may help improve these issues.
“I have been coming to the Allergy & ENT Associates in Town Center for almost 20 years. The staff is always helpful and efficient. I have severe environmental allergies and the quality of my life is greatly improved with allergy shots. I truly appreciate the services I receive there and will continue to go to this location.”
Karla D. – Google Review
Contact for Appointment
If you would like more information regarding any of these procedures please call our central appointment desk (713) My-Sinus or (713) 697-4687 and schedule an appointment with one of our ENT specialists.