Ear, Nose, & Throat Services
What Is ENT?
ENT is an acronym for ear, nose, and throat. Also known as otorhinolaryngology, ENT is a speciality of medicine that treats conditions and ailments of the ear, nose, and throat, as well as the head and neck. These doctors treat speech, hearing, swallowing, sleeping, and breathing issues, as well as allergies and skin disorders. Here at Allergy & ENT Associates, our doctors treat issues of the head, neck, ear, nose, and throat for our Houston area patients.
What Are ENT Disorders?
Conditions of the ear, nose, and throat can drastically effect the quality of life someone lives. Some common ENT disorders include:
- Ear Infections
- Sinus Infections
- Sleep Apnea
- Hearing Loss
- Acid Reflux
- Cancer of the ear, nose, and throat
Be prepared to be open and honest about your symptoms with your ENT doctors. If left untreated, some ENT conditions can lead to heart failure, deafness, and depression.
What Do Otolaryngologists Treat?
Head & Neck
- Salivary Gland Surgery – removal of the parotid or submandibular gland.
- Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery – removal of partial or entire thyroid, or removal of the parathyroid gland.
- Neck Mass Removal – removal of an abnormal mass of the neck.
- Microdirect Laryngoscopy – Removal of masses, including polyps, nodules, papillomas, etc., on the vocal chords.
- Repair of CSF leaks – a Medical condition where brain fluid leaks from around the brain into the nose. The surgeon exposes the leak and patches it from inside the nose.
- Tonsil and Adenoid Removal – removal for the treatment of recurrent infections or for sleep abnormalities.
- Ear Tube Placement – placement of pressure equalization tubes for treatment of ear infections.
- Frenulotomy (treatment of tongue tie) – clipping of the tissue between the tongue and floor of the mouth. When short, the tissue restricts tongue movement and causes difficulty with breastfeeding and speech.
Nose & Sinus
- Rhinoplasty (cosmetic and complex reconstruction) – enhancing the shape and/or function of the nose.
- Complex Revision Rhinoplasty – performing a secondary rhinoplasty/nasal surgery after one has a history of a sub-optimal result of an initial rhinoplasty.
- Excision of Skull Base Tumors – removal of intranasal masses or tumors in the nose.
- Complex Revision Sinus Surgery
Comprehensive Management of Nasal Congestion
- Nasal Valve Reconstruction – enhancing a narrowed/weakened area of resistance of nasal airflow.
- Septoplasty – straightening of a crooked septum to enhance the nasal airway.
- Turbinate Reduction – shrinks the enlarged inferior turbinates of the nose, commonly causing congestion.
- Functional Endoscopic – Sinus Surgery using video assistance to enhance the drainage patterns of the paranasal sinuses.
- Balloon Sinuplasty – newer technology to use in certain patients to assist in opening the paranasal sinuses in a manner that strives to preserve surrounding anatomy.
“I have been coming to the Allergy & ENT Associates in Town Center for almost 20 years. The staff is always helpful and efficient. I have severe environmental allergies and the quality of my life is greatly improved with allergy shots. I truly appreciate the services I receive there and will continue to go to this location.”
Karla D. – Google Review
Contact for Appointment
If you would like more information regarding any of these procedures please call our central appointment desk (713) My-Sinus or (713) 697-4687 and schedule an appointment with one of our ENT specialists.